See books written by Paul Pakusch at https://www.amazon.com/author/paulpakusch



Sunday, March 27, 2022

Sunday Blog for March 27, 2022



I'm on a quick 1 ½ day trip to Baltimore. Two weeks ago I discovered I had several hundred dollars of Southwest Airline credit that expires April 1. I knew I had it, but thought it was good for travel until October. It was not transferable, so I had to use it for myself or lose it. I had wanted to do a quick getaway to Florida, but none of the schedules allowed for much time. Since all the routes transferred in Baltimore, I decided to go there for one night with Stacey's blessing. I booked a hotel near the Inner Harbor and an early flight on Saturday. I caught a tram from the airport and started my sightseeing journey along the harbor by 8:45 AM.

I was curious if there were any cruise ships in the Baltimore Cruise Port,, so I walked that far. There weren't any. On the return trip, I stopped at the Technology Museum and the Science Museum. The Science Museum has a planetarium, which is included in the price of admission. I stayed long enough to watch three different planetarium shows. Then I toured the nearby tall ship, USS Constellation, which was built in 1854. That price of admission includes a submarine and another ship, which I will be touring this morning before I head back to the airport.

I've heard it said that it takes three weeks to change, create or undo a habit. This was definitely the case when I had to adjust to trifocals. The optician had told me it would take about three weeks to adjust to them. And that's exactly what happened. But it would certainly also be beneficial to undo a bad habit or create a new good habit. I think about that when I hear of people trying to quit smoking or go on a new diet. I think the bottom line is you need to push yourself through it for the first 3 weeks, and then it should be a new habit. In that case, congratulations! Of course, if you let yourself drift from your new habit, you will essentially be creating another new habit to replace that habit. In this example, your new habit after 3 weeks would be to exercise. But then if you stop exercising for three weeks, sadly you've created a new habit of slacking off again.

Backlash against Russians who happen to be in America. I figured this would happen. But the blame should go squarely against Putin. Once again, another reason to fight against authoritarianism.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/russian-businesses-us-face-backlash-war-ukraine-83502964?cid=social_fb_abcn


No comments:

Post a Comment