See books written by Paul Pakusch at https://www.amazon.com/author/paulpakusch



Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving Memories and Thoughts

As far back as I can remember, we always had the Macy's Parade on for Thanksgiving.  When Santa appeared at the end, that was the signal for me to start playing Christmas music for the season.

I loved it when Thanksgiving dinner was at  my house.  My mother got out her special wooden box of silverware.

For 32 years I worked in a TV station and worked almost every Thanksgiving Day.  I worked Master Control for a lot of Macy's Parades.  Then we had the dog show, followed by "Miracle on 34th Street."

I think the obsessiveness over Black Friday is nuts!  It's even nuttier that people now go shopping on Thanksgiving Day.  It's America, they are free to do what they want, but I won't be a part of it.

Since I worked so many Thanksgivings, all I have to say is, if you don't like working Thanksgiving, find a job where you don't have to.  There's a lot of people outside of retail who work Thanksgiving.

I AM Thankful I no longer have to work Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment