See books written by Paul Pakusch at https://www.amazon.com/author/paulpakusch



Saturday, March 31, 2018

My Ideal Band

I currently play in two marching bands. My main band is Excelsior Brigade Fife and Drum Corps, and my other band is Mark Time Marchers, a brass band. In both of these bands, I get to play the rudimentary style of snare drumming that gives me the most amount of self satisfaction that I can get from drums.
But what's missing from my life is a trio or quarter in which I can play a drum set. I recently started doing some occasional sessions with a meetup group of friends who like to jam. Ideally, it would be a group of people with whom I can also be good friends. 
I'm not in a major rush for this to happen, but I'd love for it to eventually happen.
What I'd really like is to find two or three other people who would like to form a band. Ideally I'd like to rehearse and jam about once a week. We'd play gigs about once or twice a month.
I've looked at ads looking for drummers, but I haven't found anything that appeals to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment