See books written by Paul Pakusch at https://www.amazon.com/author/paulpakusch



Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Big Plane vs Small Plane

By Paul Pakusch

Many times I see people express concern over flying in a small plane, especially if it's a plane that connects them in another city to their destination. Smaller planes are not necessarily any more dangerous than larger planes, which do tend to feel more stable because they take up more mass.

Personally, I enjoy flying smaller planes because I like to fly. Being in a smaller plane makes flying seem more pure. Airlines don't use turboprops very much anymore for short flights, but when they did these planes tended to fly lower and therefore you could see the ground better. I booked those turboprops whenever it was possible.

The only real issue I have with smaller planes is the lack of legroom in the seats. Being 6 foot 5, legroom is a huge issue for me on any kind of a flight. But in those turboprops it was a bigger problem.

So, the next time you find yourself in a smaller plane, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment