See books written by Paul Pakusch at https://www.amazon.com/author/paulpakusch



Sunday, March 28, 2021

Finally Remembered Her Name

In May of 2017, I went to a WPXY 80s party at the Burgundy Basin Inn. I had plans to meet several friends there, including Judy. Judy's friend was there, too. I had met her a few times before that. I apologized to her and asked her what her name was again, because I kept forgetting after the last few times we had met. She told me it was Stacey.

Well, we got into the group dancing that my friends and I usually do. As the evening progressed, I began to notice that Stacey had quite a bit of dancing stamina. She kept on dancing and rarely took a break. When the others stopped dancing, Stacey and I kept dancing.

We did stop long enough to have group pictures taken of us in our 80s garb. I told Stacey I'd like to send her a Facebook friend request so I could tag her in pictures.


After that, a good friendship developed. Judy, Stacey and I got together a lot for dancing, including one notable night at the Shortsville firemen's carnival, where we still brag about dancing barefoot in the mud to the rock band, Dean's List.

Three months later, Stacey and I became a couple. While I've already written much about our relationship together, and will undoubtedly write more, I'm reflecting today on how we have affected each other.

Stacey has inspired me to be a lot more frugal in my spending habits.

She inspired me to try karaoke. I always said I would never do it. Well, she loves to sing her heart out and doesn't care who hears her. She looks like she has so much fun. So I finally tried it and actually enjoyed it.

She has overcome many challenges in life to get where she is today.

She has said she feels like she can be herself when she's with me.

We got married in April, 2019, so we'll be celebrating our second wedding anniversary shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment