See books written by Paul Pakusch at https://www.amazon.com/author/paulpakusch



Friday, August 23, 2019

New Rochester Band, "Retrospect"

There's a new band in the local scene that has both veterans and a new generation of musicians. I'm proud to say I have been friends with Tony Wechsler and John Borrelli for many years, and I have played in bands with both of them at one time or another.

The band is called "Retrospect," and Tony describes how they came together:

"About 2 years ago I thought it would be fun to work with my son, Sean Wechsler in a band. He’s been playing drums for many years, but he has not had any luck forming a “working band.” My girlfriend’s daughter, Shannon had been singing back-up with my last band, Wild Horses on occasion. It was her first time performing in a rock band, but she had done singing in high school with the RH Singers and also sang in several musical productions throughout her school years. I thought it would be fun to put a new band together with both of them so they could gain wisdom by working with more seasoned people. Both had the talent but needed the opportunity.
I have been playing bass for many years in several bands including The Mods, the Beatbusters, My Girl Bill, Intrigued, and Wild Horses. While I also play guitar and some keyboard, I am primarily a bass playing and wanted to stay on that instrument. We needed a guitarist so I contacted my friend Scott Meli. He was very interested in joining up but ended up having to back out after a few months. I then turned to my friend John Borrelli (Aka: JB), who I’ve known since high school and he joined up as the guitarist. John and I worked together in several projects over the years including the Mods. Several years back, he played with the very popular local band, No Boundaries. John is working with another band that he has been putting together, Executive Order, but he agreed to play with us as well. I also play in another band, Flannel Babcocks, with former members of Wild Horses, so the multiple band thing was not an issue.
We came up with the name Retrospect as we play classic rock with a focus on the 80’s and 90s. We felt that this music is a sweet spot with a great number of age groups. I knew people would enjoy it and want to hear us play. At present, we have been playing locally clubs in Rochester including Nashville’s and Bar Louie. We have gigs coming up at the Argyle in Fairport on September 14th, and at Fatso’s in Gates on September 21st. Our band catch phrase is “Rockin' the Generations.” It’s two-fold because not only do we “rock” generations of music, our band has 2 generations of musicians including father/son."





Retrospect is on Facebook:


No comments:

Post a Comment