See books written by Paul Pakusch at https://www.amazon.com/author/paulpakusch



Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Rockabilly Band "Rockhouse Riot"

In 2016, while catching up with Sharon, an old friend of mine, she told me I should go and see a rockabilly band called "Rockhouse Riot."  I've always enjoyed rockabilly, especially the music that came out of Sun Records and later groups such as the Stray Cats.  My first opportunity to see them came in September of that year when I went to a rockabilly dance lesson taught by Keith Saturn.  I met a few people that evening who I became friends with.

I was very impressed with Rockhouse Riot.  I've had more opportunities to see them since then.  They describe themselves as Rockin' Swingin' Swampy Roots inspired Originals, alongside the best tunes from the dawn of Rock and Roll.

The band members include:
Todd Krasz - Howlin' & Screechin'
Glen Wheatley - Pickin' & Grinnin'
Ron Hart - Slappin' & Croonin'
Brandon Armes - Bangin' & Crashin'

Ron Hart describes the band:
"The original band started out as “Drivin’ Memphis”. There was a falling out, and we pretty much all went our separate ways. I reformed with a new guitarist (Brandon), the original singer (Erik) and drummer (Joey) and came up with Rockhouse Riot. About a year and a half later, we added another guitarist (Glen). After a while we went to a four piece and Brandon moved to Drums. A year later, Erik won a scholarship to get his Masters and we replaced him with Todd. Now, we have very familiar Rockabilly covers and some obscure ones, along with a healthy dose of our own original Rockabilly tunes We all are spread over the Rochester area (from Chili to Newark) and we play from Buffalo to Syracuse and Rochester to Bath."

Their website is www.rockhouseriot.com
Their Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/RockhouseRiot/



https://youtu.be/Ruj3xlWCFJU





1 comment:

  1. Paul,

    Thanks for the shout out. I booked Rockhouse Riot for their first public gig at Tango Cafe's Fandango At The Tango concert series which they performed on a December Sunday evening some five or so years ago. We booked them for a dance the following April, and then for my first ROCkabilly Hop event the following October, and each November since! We danced to them most recently this past Sunday at Reminisce Soda Fountain's first annual Rib Fest.

    For those who want to join the fun and learn to dance to Rockhouse Riot, I still teach classes, now at 75 Stutson Street.

    https://www.facebook.com/events/482593109203867/?ti=cl

    ReplyDelete